Volunteers play a special role in the success of the CHOC Walk in the Park. It's because of volunteers and their countless hours of support that the CHOC Walk has raised over $26 million for CHOC Children's since the first Walk in 1990.There will be multiple volunteer opportunities available leading up to this year's CHOC Walk in the Park.
- Volunteers will be working at CHOC's temporary Walk office located at 505 South Main Street, Orange.
- The CHOC Walk office will be used to check in all CHOC Walk participants to collect any last minute donations and distribute check in materials.
- Volunteers have the ability to choose a position that best reflects their skills and comfort level (details below).
- When selecting a volunteer shift, be sure to select the position and time that best suits your needs
- Due to the nature of the volunteer opportunities, volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
Volunteers may choose multiple shifts, but please commit to only what you can cover:
- Database Lead
This volunteer position will assist with Walker check in and work exclusively with the CHOC Walk database assisting participants with registration and posting donations. Strong computer skills and customer service are required. A mandatory 1 hour training will take place in late September—dates TBD.
- Check in Support
This volunteer position will assist with CHOC Walk check in— distributing Walk materials to Walkers. They will also assist with Walk material inventory and line management. Will require some light lifting (20 lbs.) and customer service.
To sign up for a CHOC Walk Check in volunteer shift, please click here.